Milton Village Vet was established in 2005 by husband and wife team of Matthew Tay and Carrie Hawthorn.
Carrie and Matt graduated from Sydney University in the early 1990s and both spent a few years working in Sydney before travelling and working through the UK, Europe and North America. Matt was part of the team that helped establish one of the largest groups of veterinary hospitals in Sydney and was second in charge at Sydney Animal Hospitals, Matraville for eight years and acquired his membership to the prestigious Australian College of Veterinary Scientists in small animal surgery. Carrie worked at Bondi Junction Vet Hospital, Bondi Vet Hospital and Urban Jungle in Miranda. After the birth of their second child they decided to move to the south coast to establish their very own hospital and bring up their growing family in the idyllic surrounds of the Milton Ulladulla region. They found the perfect post war 1950’s cottage directly across the road from Milton Hospital and over two renovations converted it into the state of the art small animal hospital that you can see today.
Since inception the hospital has had an ongoing series of reinvestments and upgrades. The clinic is fully computerised and now has two consulting rooms, an indoor and outdoor “happy dog” waiting room, a treatment/critical care room, two anaesthetic machines, in house laboratory, surgery/radiology suite, cattery/grooming room and dog runs. Further plans are afoot for a further redevelopment on site which would expand the hospital, provide a six car space parking lot and a second storey apartment, hopefully to accommodate an on site 24 hour critical care nurse or veterinarian. So watch this space.